The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 462 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is such a timely devotion. The hustle and bustle of the past few weeks makes it easy to identify with your character.

I thought the transition from being grumpy to thankful was a tad sudden. Perhaps after her husband called she could have turned the radio on and heard the song and felt Jesus whispering in her ear.

You did a great job of developing the MC. I could totally feel her anxiety in the beginning. You also did a fine job of writing on topic. This is a great devotion and I feel many will relate to it.
01/10/14
As a Level 1 writer, you might not be aware of the free writing lessons available on the FaithWriters forums. This week’s lesson is on writing devotionals, and next week will cover writing on topic for the weekly challenge. Look for it at http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67, or if you’re on Facebook, you can “like” Faithwriters Writing Lessons. I’d love to have your input into the conversation there!
01/10/14
I love this, it touched my heart! Nicely done.

God bless~
01/11/14
I was a working mother with two daughters, and I can totally relate to everything here! Well done!

Be careful to stay consistent with your verb tenses. In your first paragraph, you use both past and present verb tenses. This is a common and minor error, and does not affect your piece significantly--but it could make the difference between a "very good" article and an "excellent" one.
Very good resolve.

Well written description of the trials James tells us to count as joyful. (James 1:2,3) This trial produced good fruit.

It was well written, easy to follow the emotion within as well as the releaf at the end.
01/14/14
Amen! Keep writing!
I can only hope I have that kind of therapeutic affect on my wife after a hard day's work.

The change in attitude did come sudden, but that was because of your conversation with your husband. Maybe you could have developed that thought a little more, but overall, this was great!

Thanks for sharing.
01/16/14
Very well written, I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was also right in keeping with the topic. Keep writing.
Congratulations on ranking 8th in your level! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.)