The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 825 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow! This really touched my heart...I feel it in my chest, like I'm about to cry. This was so full of emotion and I felt the love and the pain John was experiencing. I admire your use of gardening and how you tied that to the name and the lessons he was learning, one at a time. After reading this, I want to hold on tight to those I love and do my best to not take them for granted. Very real piece.
06/07/13
A delightful, touching and heart rending story. I am so glad John found his way to Christ, albeit through losing his Rosie.

Double spacing the paragraphs helps when others are reading, but otherwise this was lovely.
This is really quite lovely. I found tears welling up in my eyes.

The only red ink I'd offer would be maybe start with second paragraph as that is more of an attention grabber, then you could add bits of back story as you went on.

The image of the roses was beautiful and quite powerful. The way you used that to illustrate your message is profound and beautiful. Grief is such a difficult emotion, you did a splendid job of pulling me in as my heart ached for the McCain and for my mom who has been gone 20 years. Great job.
06/10/13
Beautiful, poetic, touching, clever, and powerful. This touched my heart and pulled me in. I loved the description of the rose, and the analogies offered by the MC while doing a semi-life review of his darling wife.

This truly is an amazing piece and I applaud your great style of writing in this poignant and mesmerizing piece.

Thank you. God bless~
06/13/13
Congratulations on you well deserved HC! Great piece of writing.