The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1065 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/08/05
Very amusing! I'd love to see the radio incident written up as a short story. A few problems with sentence structure, but all in all, a charming story with an authentic voice.
I enjoyed seeing a little bit of your life!
Neat! I think maybe that you would have enough memories stashed away in that memory of yours to write a book on singing. I would like to hear more of your stories.
11/11/05
This was delightful to read! Making your own trip down memory lane enjoyable for others to read is a difficult task - but you did it very well.
11/12/05
A very humorous entry -I enjoyed it :)
11/12/05
Oh yeah -I loved the J O Y F U L : )
11/13/05
Hiya Deb, what wonderful memories! And shared with such a light and lovely tone. Just a couple of comments to improve the beginning if you chose to rewrite this for another occasion: Get straight into the story; you don’t need to say ‘I feel as if this topic was written just for me.’ ‘Has been’ is passive, try ‘singing is’, instead. Then go straight to ‘When I was born, I believe I came out singing’ ('I believe' is also passive, so delete 'believe') and from there take us to your delightful anecdotes. :-)