The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 674 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Finding out that a loved one is on the verge of death is very difficult, but it is a blessing when those improvements come, even if they are for only a time. I am coming on the fourth anniversary of my grandfather's death. I feel privileged to have been able to assist in his care during the last few years of his life.
11/23/12
Touching entry, on topic. This is indeed a challenging and emotional time to face in our lives.

I felt the story itself was a little too "telling" and might have had more impact with some dialogue between Cynthia and her mother. But overall, a great effort. It's clear you have a gift for storytelling. Keep writing!
This is a lovely tribute. I remember when my mom died very unexpectedly and rather young the pain was intense. A few years later when her mom was getting ready to pass on, it was totally different. Mom had been my best friends and my siblings didn't grieve in the same way that I did. Though Mom was 57, it still was so hard on Grandma--no matter the age, a parent doesn't ever want to bury a child. Grandma and I filled a need for each other and we became extremely close. We both really knew how the other was hurting. When she made the decision to let nature take its course it was incredibly hard for me. It shouldn't have been I should have been rejoicing in the knowledge that Grandma would see Jesus.

I just noticed a couple of tiny things like eighty-seventh should have a hyphen.

You make so many great points in this piece. You did a nice job of covering the topic and relating a real life story to what God says in the Bible. Nicely done.
11/27/12
Touching, beautifully done and said. Thank you for this tribute of love and faith. God Bless~
11/29/12
I really enjoyed this inspiring story! CONGRATULATIONS on your "Highly Commended" ranking! WAY TO WRITE!! :)