The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1146 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved this poem, I could almost smell that food cooking! Very nice!
07/19/12
Great descriptions! I felt like I was there.
Thank you so much for this poem. I enjoyed reading it a great deal. Very nice. Good Luck.
07/20/12
A very sweet poem and right on topic. Nice:)
07/20/12
This poem was not only on topic and touching...but it was so well-written. Each verse was more clever than the previous one. I loved it. Thank you.

God bless~
This is a sweet and beautiful tribute to your grandma. Mine had a stove she used once in a while that was a wood burning one. I was always amazed how almost like magic she came up with one scrumptious dish after another. You took me back 30 years or more with your lovely rhymes and patterns.
You did a great job of sharing your memories. They all seemed so genuine and the love came through it seems without effort. You could feel every moment and sense everything going on.
07/24/12
Ahhh...I can almost smell and taste the food.
07/24/12
What is it about aromas from a kitchen, and then throw the smell of a wood-burning stove into the mix? It's better than any perfume. :) You've delighted my senses with this. Your title made me smile.
07/25/12
You put a huge smile on my face as I read your entry in the Challenge for in the kitchen. It brought back memories of my own grandmother and your talent was overwhelming. Excellent job!
07/26/12
Loved this from start-to-finish! You did a wonderful job of "showing" memories and emotions of Granny's kitchen.
Wing His Words!
07/26/12
Congratulations on your ranking!
07/26/12
Congrats! God Bless~