The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1634 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/24/05
I liked how the character's faith started off like rain sometimes does, soft and steady. The build up of faith confession with the intensity of rain followed by the doubt in the midst of the storm was all very well done.
Good expression and volume with a satisfying finish. A fine wine of a poem.
Well done.
10/25/05
Rhyme, meter, word choice: the "big three" of poetry, and all here in this lovely verse. Excellent!
10/27/05
OOOH! Good, good, good! I enjoyed this wonderful verse.
Ah, a beautiful poem! I love the rhythm that echoes the rain... and what wonderful images! A lovely weaving of words and faith.
Very well done!
10/28/05
Wonderful imagery!
Good word choice and very good poem. I don't read much poetry, but I enjoyed this. Great work!
10/28/05
God is the umbrella that shields us from the full force of the enemy. He keeps us safe from dangers we never knew pursued us. He is all that we need! What a beautiful poem:)
10/30/05
Everything is said above, except, the very first line "as" destroys the action of the verse, otherwise it is a very good effort.
Lovely, just LOVELY!!!
11/02/05
I loved the title, and wasn't disappointed the poem aptly described. Wonderful writing. I would have enjoyed reading this before now! Glad I did! PS: I didn't know if you had PM service, so I wanted to thank you for commenting on the story Go Tell It On The Mountain as well--appreciate the encouragement. Love and God bless,
littlelight
Wow this is so powerful. I love it and could totally relate. It reminds me of some of the poems I've written (but with good meter. I can't always hear the rhythm) The last line was brilliant. I especially liked the plan on reign vs rain.