The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 908 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is really educational. You gave mea lot to think about. It would make a good start for a Bible Bible Study Class.
02/12/11
this was sound and challenging and at the same time easy to read and engaging.
i say AMEN to this and we would do well to learn from the history of Gods people and the parallels are there for those that listen and look... like you have.
thank you for reminding and chalenging us through the life of Jeremiah. weeping we should be indeed!
02/13/11
Be careful what you wish for. The Israelites, like us, always think their past was better than the present.
We have very short memories.

I am thankful that God is in charge and He is patient.

Very informative and interesting piece.
02/15/11
Boy do I appreciate this! So much worship in the churches seems to be nothing more than a Jeroboam "get-em-in-and-counted-with-the-gold-too" cattle drive - as if tattoos and other worldly things are what is needed to reach the unchurched. But as prone as I myself am to desire success over God, I can see how easy it is for pastors to fall into that same temptation.
Congratulations for ranking 11th in level one!
12/31/11
Steve, I'm going to feature this essay on the Front Page Showcase for the week of January 9. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!
Congratulations on being Showcased. Your article is deserving of recognition.