The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1435 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Clever, simple and packed with thought. Also learned a new word...Nibs :)
04/15/10
Beautifully written! What would make this lovely poem even better is if you divided the rhyming verses into lines. Other than that, it practically perfect. :)
04/15/10
Magnificent poetic writing! I loved this thought-provoking piece, which masterfully utilizes showing rather than telling. My favorite line is: Blades of steel or tips with ink which is mightier do I think? The message was heavy, yet the writing, the prose, was light and airy, and I felt like I was skipping through a flowered meadow.
You took the topic very literally but turned it into a beautiful poem. The words you spoke are quite true and you did a beautiful job of expressing yourself.
04/19/10
This is quite lovely!

I'd love to see it formatted more like a typical poem.

Looking forward to reading more from you in future challenges!
Great to have you in the challenge, Maria! And with a very nicely done poem! I would recommend formatting it as a poem to make the impact even greater.

Awesome :-)
04/20/10
I won't mention formatting it as a poem... oops, sorry, I mentioned it.

Really, this poem was a delight to read. You have a good grasp of how to use your words. You will do well writing for these challenges.
04/20/10
I love the rhythm in this poeitic prose. Welcome to the challenge! Looking forward to seeing more.
04/20/10
Maria, I like the way you think. Teasing the words onto the page. Your style here draws the reader into the debate. Looking forward to more from you.

Mona
04/20/10
Good job on your first entry! I really liked the rhymes.
Very lovely poetry-When I saw it,I thought it was a short story, but sang through a flowing poem instead. Wonderful entry.
04/20/10
This is very lovely. I see alot of people suggested you format it into lines and I would agree. In the format you wrote it, I found myself rushing through it, like one reads a paragraph. Breaks would allow pauses for thought - something which your lovely writing deserves. Excellent job!
Very creative and insightful. Well done.
You really know how to use words to show your thoughts. Fabulous writing, and I love the rhymes throughout.
I will promise each of you
To break my lines
In poems so true

Comments kind I read
And to them I give heed.

So my thanks I give to you
I will learn when this is through.

I appreciate the time
you have taken with my rhyme.
04/21/10
You know, you did a really good job with this. You have a great rhythm/meter and rhyme. I look forward to reading more of your work!
04/22/10
Welcome to the addiction of The Challenge. Tips and tricks will come as you get your feet under you. Great job of jumping in with your gift of words.
04/22/10
Outside of the formatting, I thought it was great!

They say that repetition is good for the soul. That's the only reason that I reiterated on the format.

You are very talented!