The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1468 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A nice lesson for children to teach patience and obedience. Very enjoyable and well written!
10/31/09
I feel a collection of modern day parables coming on. Good work.
11/01/09
good read. good dialogue. nice balance between show and tell. a bit more depth on the show might be good here. but, good job regardless. i may share this with my kids as a lesson. :)
11/04/09
Well done. This could possible be one of a series of children's stories or little books. I like it.
11/25/12
Hi Pam
Patience is not an easy lesson to learn - not just for children. Sadly, like Midge we have to get ourselves in the deep end and at the end of our resources sometimes before we value the words of those who try to encourage us not to rush ahead. This is an important lesson in life and particularly in our spiritual life.
AND, most of the best lessons come in the form of a real life situation - whether it be through personal experience or through the accounts of others.
That is why our own stories often have a greater impact than are opinions.
As one of the others commented, a collection of such stories would be a useful tool for parents or just as a devotional.
Thanks for sharing.