The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 907 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very nice bittersweet story that made me laugh out loud!
Excellent storytelling. I love the mc's voice and felt I was there at the lake with the boys.
LOL! Good touch of humor here. I can just see that happening in real life. Great touch on topic. The ending really fits, it is both bitter and sweet!
06/10/09
Good story, and well told. Funny and real. I'm sure the Cuz would have enjoyed the story too.
06/10/09
I enjoyed reading this funny and interesting story. Good job. Colin
06/10/09
very good description . I felt I was there with you!
06/11/09
I LOVED the story about the underarm hair. It was so funny. Then the sadness at the loss of your cousin. :( You're a very good writer.
06/12/09
Hi Brenda. I just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, Farewell Cus, actually did very well in the Bitter and Sweet Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 1, placing 9th in that Level.

There were a lot of entries this week, particularly in Level 1, and the competition was even more intense than normal for that level, with the 1st and 2nd place winners making it into the Editor's Choice. The standard was exceptionally high. So you deserve a pat on the back. :-)

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25861

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Hope to see you at the FaithWriters' Conference in August. It’s going to be an amazing time of inspiration, information and encouragement. (If I’ve already mentioned that to you, forgive me. We’re just so excited about letting members know about this great gathering.)
http://www.faithwriters.com/conference.php

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)