The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1128 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh, I could feel the dog's terror. And I found myself reading faster to see what happened to him. Loved the surprise at the end. This is one of my favorite this week.
I am familiar with this prison program and applaud the good it does for all concerned-the prisoner, the dog-in-training, and the recipient owner of the rehabilitated pet.
This is a nice entry and well-written; also, you describe the (no doubt) feelings of the pup well.
Can you tell I'm an animal lover??
04/27/09
Very interesting! I especially like the trust issue!
Pam Ford Davis
You made me see how the dog really felt. This was very well written. Nicely done!
04/28/09
This was well done, a good use of the topic.
04/28/09
This is a very well-written piece with an intriguing air of mystery at the beginning that had me curious about what is happening with the dog! Nice job! :)
04/28/09
You did a very good job of conveying the dog's POV without making him too human. Wonderful, hopeful ending for both dog and human... well done.
04/28/09
This uses a difficult POV to pull off and you did it very well.
You have a real knack for engaging the reader and telling a good story that keeps the reader intrigued. And, I can't help but wonder if there isn't more to this story than meets the eye. An allegory of sorts. Anyway, great job...keep it up!
Very enjoyable story. You encourage a love for animals even among us-that would be me- who are fearful of them.
05/07/09
Hi Kathryn. I’m running a little late this week, but just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, A Second Chance, actually did very well in the Beginning and End Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 1, placing 8th in that Level. There were a lot of entries this week, and competition in Level 1 is always very intense, so well done.

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25380

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.
Again, well done. :-)

Hope to see you at the FaithWriters' Conference in August.

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)