The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1766 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is so cute and the dialogue between kindergardeners is so realistic. I was smiling through this whole story. Well written. I think instead of visiting the Great Barrier Reef though, it would be more exciting to see the Great Bear Feet. Grin. I'd even bring the honey.:0)
01/22/09
Hilarious! "Granny's hairy toes" just about did me in. Loved it.
01/23/09
This was fantastic. I loved the dialogue and the humor...
You won't be in beginners long with writing like this. Excellent job.
01/23/09
This is just hilarious. I can imagine those kids saying things like that. Great job.
This was so funny! I'm a teacher and the conversations between these kids are so realistic! Casey cracked me up every time!
01/25/09
I loved this. I have worked with small children and I could just hear their voices and excitement. Good job!
You MC's voice is perfect and the writing is fabulous, love the humor.
01/27/09
You gotta love Casey.. LOL This sounds like my Sunday School class. :) What a fun place to plan to visit, "Great Bear Feet." Very creative!
01/28/09
My Granny shaved her hairy toes after reading this entry. Great job... you have a real future in writing.
01/28/09
I loved the dialogue! I felt like I was sitting in the classroom watching the whole thing happen. Very good indeed.
You've perfectly captured a moment in time and have been able to re-tell it so well in dialogue and authenticity. I really liked the way the youthful observations of the world.
01/29/09
CONGRATS on your win and your EC Placing.. that is especially an honor from beginners... Your writing is informative, funny, smooth and engaging... you're moving up to INT. now!
01/29/09
Absolutely great! Funny, funny, funny. You captured the thoughts of Mr. Jansen well and switched to all of the kid's voices wonderfully. Congrats, well deserved win.
01/29/09
Hee-hee! This is so very authentic! I used to teach elementary school, and your story transported me right back into the classroom! Wonderful dialogue and terrific humor! CONGRATULATIONS on your level win and your EC!! :)
02/01/09
This is SO clever and fun! No wonder you made the EC!! Excellent.
02/01/09
Congratulations on this wonderful story. Your sense of humor is delightful and a definite dispenser of joy.
02/12/09
Bryan,
Your stories are awesome. You should get the stories published.
Cassie