The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1673 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/07/05
I really enjoyed your story - especially the object lesson at the end. I, too, am somewhat bothered by the pagan origins of the things we use to celebrate Easter. One other thing to consider - an egg is a symbol of new life. We, as Christians, experience new life as a result of what happened at that first Easter.
06/08/05
One space will do between paragraphs...very interesting story. I remember some of the customs of my grandparents - totally alien in today's society. Thank you for submitting.
06/09/05
You may be able to give yourself further permission to 'color those Easter eggs' by aquainting yourself with the history of 'pagan' traditions.
06/09/05
It is not the coloring of eggs that drew me in, but your wonderful INSIGHT about building bridges instead of walls. I imagine you have many wonderful stories about your in-laws that could be a basis for a whole book. I love the marriage of the two cultures. This is very good. :0)
06/10/05
I loved this! A good friend of mine from college makes "Romainian Eggs" (most people call them Ukranian) but she's from Romania. It is a true art form. The designs used on those eggs do have Christian meaning -when made by Christian artists.
06/10/05
Your writing talent is evident. This piece is very well written. I agree that your insight is superb. What a wonderful tribute to your in-laws.
Blessings, Lynda
We all have a way of buiding walls instead of bridges. That was my favorite line.