The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 995 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/23/07
I really like the line "Don't let confusion give birth to doubt." And you have several really good metaphors in the early part of this well-written story.

I'd urge you to find a fresher way to end your story than with the "dream" scenario. You're a creative and gifted writer, and there are always unique ways to resolve your story that haven't been used before.

I hope to read more of your writing in the future!
Wonderful story. Thank you.
You have covered this topic well. I would have liked to have it a little longer. There really was a lot more to tell, I'm sure. But very good writing all in all.
I like the message being given in this piece. You kept my attention from beginning to end. Keep writing!
08/25/07
Well done, beyond beginners for sure. A typo or so, but none the less this is very good and deserving of merit. Welcome to the puppy pen.
08/27/07
This story is well told and I love the message. We need to look beyond the immediate in order to fully see the eternal. Nice work
Beautiful! Simply loved it.
08/27/07
Pain has a devastating way of separating us from Christ, and often that pain comes from the loss of a loved one. A great message for those who grieve and a powerful story as well.
Nice approach to the helpless feeling when we want to help, but it's too late. Keep writing.
I must admit, Chuck's answer confused me! LOL. But I see no one else mentioned it, so it's probably no biggie.

A lot of great lines in this piece, and I enjoyed that aspect of Chuck believing in his healing, followed by death too soon. Circumstances like that definitely are confusing.

I have a few suggestions for you, if you want them. If so, just click on my name and shoot me a PM so I know. Good luck this week!!