The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 763 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/09/07
Wow! I really enjoyed reading your story. From what I can tell, you have a gift for attention to details. While reading the story I thought about the one time when my son said to me, to my surprise: "Mother, you are always angry, always fussing." Hearing those words coming from him broke my heart. Your story reminded me of how as adults we become self-centered, and displacedly spew verbal venom at the defenseless children when we have a bad day a, never thinking about these little ones who love us unconditionally and seek to earn our praise. Thank you for sharing your story with all of us.
08/16/07
For me, the note intruded upon my reading and turned the piece into something else. Liked the tone and approach throughout, but as much as the note is a "good note," it impacts the whole story.
08/17/07
Congratulations, Mary. Your entry has placed 9th in Level 1. With so many entries in this level, you've really done well. The Lists for the Top 15 in each Level and the Top 40 overall is available in the Weekly Results and Highest Rankings forum of our Faithwriters Message Boards.
08/21/07
Oh, it makes me sad to hear myself taking my frustrations out on my son occasionally. I agree that we need to protect our children from our sometimes inexplicable anger toward them. Your story is a good reminder to stop and think before we react.