The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1257 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/10/07
A very good story. Did he ever win Daisy? I love this because it's true. Very well written. Great title!
05/11/07
What a fun story! The fact that it's based on truth is even better. Your description of Daisy's response was great and I could see his chest puff out! You did a good job tying it all together. Very good!! :-) Hugs!
05/11/07
What a fun story to read! Great dialogue as well!
This is really good. And very well written. The story is unique.
05/12/07
Delightful story, well done. A quick nit pick note. Don't put quote marks around italics. Thanks for sharing this story.
Since you left a comment at my poem, I wanted to make sure to return the smile...
I think this is a great story - and you did a great job of bringing it to life! Keep up the good work!
05/14/07
This captured me from the first and left me begging to know what happened to Harry and Daisy! Nice work.
05/14/07
Fascinating, since I know virtually nothing about Australia! I really enjoyed this.

Most of your sentences that have "had ______ " verb constructions could be simplified to plain ol' past tense. Makes for a smoother read, and saves you precious words.

Thanks for sharing this bit of family history!
05/14/07
Well-written! You established the setting well and I really felt for Harry. Felt a little rushed, but that's understandable. Good solid effort.
I love the fact that this is a true story. The ending was a bit abrupt, but definitely left me wanting more. This was a very entertaining read.
05/14/07
What a neat legend - and great description. Enjoyed this very much.
05/15/07
I love the old legends -- great historical genre story. Nice job.
05/16/07
Ozzie though I be, I hadn't heard of that legend! My horizon broadens every hour. What a great way to learn more of our own history. Well written.
05/16/07
Wonderful! Well written!
Wow. A ghost reef. Very interesting! I liked this legend here and especially the character of Daisy even though she's breifly mentioned. Good job.
***Congrats on your highly commended!***
05/17/07
Ditto congrats on 'highly recommended' recognition! I loved the story. We have a local author, Bonnie Leon, who has a fiction series set in Australia. If you are interested,www.bonnieleon.com to check her out. God bless.
05/18/07
So did he marry her? What a beautiful story with a real sense of time and place - well done!
05/23/07
This is excellent and I enjoyed every bit of it. You tell the story very well. I, too, would like to know, did he get the girl? :0)