The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1398 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/16/07
Your title drew me in, and I really enjoyed this well-written and descriptive story! The dialogue between Mr. Owl and the squirrel was so cute! I love forests and could just picture the scene in my mind! Good job! :)
I love animal stories and this one is very good. I agree with Myrna's comment on the dialogue between the owl and the squirrel. As I read it gave me great mind pictures of the two sitting together talking.
I enjoyed this very much. I have oftened wondered at how the rest of God's creation saw us. You gave me a birdseye view. Thanks! Write for His glory!
03/16/07
As a mom of teens it was wonderful just to see the picture of the angels going along with the singer. Good job.
03/18/07
Just delightful! Loved your dialogue.
Very cute story!
I like this unique take and the flow of the dialogue. You captured the serinity of the setting.

How Great Thou Art was the first song that popped into my head when I saw the topic. Good job.
03/20/07
I enjoyed this unique perspective of how animals might see humans. I also liked the description of the “the faint rustle of leaves moving in the breeze” and how you concluded this piece using the sentence again. A very sweet story!
I'm especially drawn to this genre of writing, it takes a sensitive soul to give voice to animals. You've done a great job - keep writing!
Reminds me of Aesop's fables. A cozy little story to read at bedtime! ^_^ I loved the character of the little squirrel and the descriptions of the Angels following thier charge. Great writing.
I love these kinds of animal stories -- they're so difficult to do well! You've done a beautiful job. Keep writing.
03/22/07
This is so very good! I just loved the images ... I could hear wings rustling. I truly enjoyed this!
03/22/07
I loved this! It takes a lot of talent to give an animal a voice and you did a tremendous job. You were creative all the way through. Great job!
I loved the image of the angels responding to the worship... creative POV.
This story just begs to be illustrated. It's charming. If I had to nit-pick, I would say there are a couple of minor grammar/punctuation errors, but nothing that detracts from this sweet story. Big pat on the back for this very enjoyable read.
03/22/07
Lovely! I agree that I'd love to see this illustrated. Very well done.. the word pictures here were wonderful. Thanks for sharing it
03/27/07
I know its a little late, but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this creative, well-written entry. Be encouraged, you have great talent and anointing. It's tough to break out of Level One, but you have the talent and I don't doubt you'll be in much higher levels very soon. I know you probably don't care about the level, but your writing will be rewarded for what it is; outstanding. God bless.