The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 868 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a great article on being thankful. Watch the "I" and "me" rule. But a great story in all.
03/13/07
What an excellent reminder! Too often we take Everything for granted!! Good job and keep writing!!
Wow! Lots happening here. I like the touch of having the 'vision-like movie'. I especially felt drawn to the story of the African woman. You did a great job and I'll pass on a tip given to me by a good friend. Try to use more present tense to keep your reader reading. Instead of searched. Use searching. and work with the story to make it come alive in full color an dolby surround sound. ^_^ Great writing!
03/15/07
A very good reminder of all we should be grateful for. I love your title; it definitely is just right for your story. You described the poor woman's situation very well. Good job!
03/15/07
A very good reminder of all we should be grateful for. I love your title; it definitely is just right for your story. You described the poor woman's situation very well. Good job!
03/16/07
Loved the title, really loved the line about the movie screen in the mind starting to play. Great work, congrats on the Level One 12th placement!!
03/21/07
Oh my! Kathy, you must be my secret twin. That first paragraph is me - to perfection (or imperfection, I guess). :-) I now keep my laptop on when I'm in the kitchen and enter my shopping list straight onto a home shop service provided by one of our large supermarkets. Anything to save time and the mind-numbing boredom of having to go grocery shopping AGAIN.

BUT, having said that, I must admit that you have really made me stop and think about my attitude. How blessed we are to have supermarkets so close and such a range of groceries to choose from (not to mention the money to be able to buy ourselves little treats on impulse). I will never look at this task in quite the same light.

I just wanted to echo Chrissy's congratulations on doing so well in the Shopping Challenge. Placing 12th in level 1 is really quite an achievement. This level always receives the most entries, and the competition is quite intense. So you did extremely well. I can see loads of potential in you, and will look forward to seeing more of you in the Challenge in the future.

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator and Editor, FaithWriters' Magazine)