The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1844 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/13/06
Really enjoyed this! Not sure if it was a word count thing, but I would have LOVED to hear more of Tim and Paige's conversation at the end - at least heard exactly how she answered! You did a great job of getting Paige's personality and insecurities on the page for all to see! Great ending, too!
This is a very readable, enjoyable story. While the ending was good, I felt like it sort of "fell off the page". In other words, it was a bit abrupt.
I didn't really detract from the story line, though. Good job!
Great story! Very entertaining. Personally I think the ending would have been perfect stopping right when he asked her to meet at the church, but I like the last sentence, too. Good job!
10/15/06
A nice and heartwarming story. I really enjoyed reading this!
10/16/06
*stupid grin* what a way to meet a guy huh? Love it, keep up the good work and you'll be moving up quickly.
10/16/06
Welcome to FaithWriters, and this is a fabulous first entry!
10/17/06
A really cute story. The dialogue sounded very natural and I enjoyed her stammering. "So, how was the fire?" I smiled at: "Yea! I made it through a whole sentence..." Great title too!
Good job. You could use a bit of help with punctuation though. I see the comma monster has you; he can be very tricky. I would look for commas that don't need to go before every "and" also try not to start sentences with "and". With a bit of advice on grammer and punctuation I think this would be a very strong story. I agree your character development was great and I love your main character. Any girl can SO identify. That is a dream story. Thanks.
I liked your story - lots of possibilities and shows how God delights in surprising us when we least expect it!
10/18/06
Ha! I loved when the words turned to gobbledegook. I re-read that and went, "huh?" and then kept reading. Made me chuckle.
This was a great story. Your characters were very realistic. I would love to know what happens after this :)
Great job!
10/19/06
Fun! This was really delightful.

Just being picky here..... I did pause at the description of the traffic being 'jammed' and Tim speeding off and her soon after. I guess the traffic had slowed a bit, but it couldn't really be jammed if he sped away, right?

Nit picking stuff only. This really was very good, CatLin. Well done.
Cute story.
07/06/07
Enjoyed reading this again, my friend - a great first entry. (I remember you chomping at the bit to enter LOL)
07/07/07
Such a pleasant romantic story. I enjoyed this very much.
I really enjoyed the way your story came together - it was logical and the emotions true to form (for everyone involved). I can see why you've progressed so well at FW...great job!