The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2123 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was well-constructed and an article to which every mother of teen girls can relate. Paragraphs I liked a lot: P. 3 and 4 (nicely worded) and P. 9. I know about "The Look" and the tone of voice that could wither poison ivy. Liked the words "Oh, this is a Mark thing. I can handle this." and "just one more cosmic imbalance to set aright." Just when all seems to have been settled...like you say, "Sigh". Good insights.
11/29/05
Lots of cute things here, but what I liked best was the cat's name, Clawdia. Wonderful.
11/29/05
I really liked this story..Mother of the year award. I think that is an understatement. Nice title, great story. God bless ya, littlelight
11/30/05
Wonderful story, well conceived. Watch the tense shifts.
Yours was one of my top picks this week. Kudos!
12/01/05
This was so good. I really enjoyed reading it. In fact, I had to read it a second time.
12/02/05
I like how you talk to your garden! Very well done. I enjoyed it.
12/02/05
Everything about this was wonderful, realistic, and creative! The character development, the dialogue, "Clawdia"...so great! All of it!!!
12/02/05
Great! I don't have teenage girls but I was a teenage girl once upon a time. I've given my fair share of Looks to my mother over the years!
12/02/05
An enjoyable read. I also loved Clawdia and the way she talked to her plants. Nice job!
12/02/05
Wonderfully energetic story, good sense of place, believable characters, true to the dynamics of a family, strong message without being preachy and keeping to the theme. Favourite line: feeling like I was trying to hand feed a crocodile. Sooo glad I don’t have daughters. :-) Yeggy
12/02/05
I will join in the praises of victory for your article. There were a couple of places where you switched to a new paragraph even though it was still the daughter speaking, particularly after she told her mom that she had no clue...check that out.

I have been searching for something that would grab my attention, you accomplished it! Great job!
12/02/05
Ah - the trials and tribulations of life with a teen (sigh- 9 more years to go lol) Very well done :)
12/03/05
Ditto! You really don't need any more accolades...but when they pass out the Merit Badges, I want to be in this Fan Club saying..."I told you so!"
Kudos! Great for a Beginner!
Great title and skillfully written...
Congratulations on your win this week. Glad to see the judges and I were in agreement! Kudos.
Delightful! Absolutely Dee-lightful! A hearty congratulations!!
12/05/05
Congratulations! Very real piece! :) Karen
12/05/05
Those nasty vines Worries & Anxieties choke far too many roses from our garden. What a priceless image. And I'll bet God hears us a petulent teenagers far too often. Great job. Congratulations.
12/05/05
See? I Told You So! If you take note...I said I wanted to be in print saying Congratulations...and I told you so! (Shocked that this was written by a man, however).
Really...I thought you were a mom! Bravo!
12/06/05
Nice story. Nice title. Bravo. Well deserved win.
Well, what more can I say?
12/08/05
Test