The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 439 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is an excellent entry.

In offering a few pointers I'd say, break down paragraphs for ease of reading and I noticed many lines that rhymed which I assume was intentional for this piece.

If so, you could put it in poetry format using stanzas or you could even try a Villanell which I just learned of by reading another writer's entry recently.

I was amazed how she was able to create such lovely words using that form. When I read the definition I looked back at her poem and she had followed the form exactly right. Amazing. It had to be difficult to formulate.

Your story is really good. If I may suggest; head over to the forums and look for Jan's Writing Basics and Ann's Grammar Basics where you'll get a great deal of help with structure and grammar.

Keep writing!

God bless~

01/31/14
Such a beautiful entry. I really enjoyed this and loved the last line.

God bless~
02/01/14
Very descriptive and engaging allegorical journey to the light of Christ. I love the line, “I can’t, I have grown comfortable here… me, myself, and I… I have all I need.” - this is the epitome of basking in the luxury of unbelief - it takes no strain to say it's too late to rise up and follow Jesus. The darkness and the light are both the same to God the psalmist wrote, wherever we are we need to follow Him.
Jesus and his word is light.

Can we find Jesus through his word without entering the tunnel of darkness?

The darkness of being deceived is like a black hole with no light at the end. Good thing it was only a tunnel.

Once Jesus is found, don't go into the tunnel.
02/02/14
Wonderful descriptions and good metaphors for life's highway.

I truly enjoyed the read. You will attract more readers if you double space your paragraphs, creating more white space, otherwise it may appear as a daunting task to read.

I too recommend Jan's writing courses, I've picked up some stuff there that I must've missed in school. Keep growing with us! You have a good talent here.
Thank you to those of you who read and replied to my article. I appreciate the advice. I originally wrote this as a word document and then copied and pasted into the submission box. Unfortunately it jumbled it up a bit and took away the format I had the original written in. Now I know for next time.