The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 665 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/22/13
Thank you for sharing your precious memories of your mawmaw and pawey. I smiled and was walking through the scenes as if I was right there with you.

They sound like beautiful souls, and I;m sure they're delighting everyone in heaven.

I really enjoyed your story.

God bless~
08/22/13
Your story is full of nostalgia and wonderful sensory details--a superb use of this week's prompt.

Only a minor critique here--it was hard for me to determine if this was a short story or a devotional. As a short story (even based on truth), it needs conflict; as a devotional, it needs a more distinct lesson. You may have meant it simply as a nostalgic picture of life 'back then,' and that's fine.

This was a very pleasant read, and I have a very good picture of what this life must have been like.
08/24/13
You've given me a detailed insight into another world with the sights, sounds and aromas of your childhood and your precious grandparents. I enjoyed reading this nostalgic entry. Such memories are priceless.
08/25/13
You've painted a lovely picture with this story. It rings true and shows well your love of those days with your grandparents. Watch out for putting apostrophes in where they aren't needed, eg. antique dresser’s. But all over well-written.
08/29/13
Isn't it wonderful how a certain smell can bring a long forgotten memory back to life? You did a great job describing many of your 'memory makers.'
This is a sweet journey back into time. I'm sure it will be treasured for years by anyone who knew your grandparents. Congratulations for ranking 6th in level one!