The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 535 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/19/13
I absolutely loved this story! I'm still smiling over the message, as well as the scenes. You've done a great job!
07/19/13
Ah, the pure faith of a child. Very well expressed. Leave space between paragraphs for easier reading and watch your punctuation. "There should be a comma before the tag," she said. Good job:)
Each scene is likely. Conversation is believable.
Children are always good main characters.

Descriptive words add life to scenes just like your putting your characters in likely places (like the washing machine.

Continue using characters you know, scenes you are familiar with and conversations that seem natural.

Oh what a delightful read! I thoroughly enjoyed this from the very beginning right to the end. Your characters are adorable and easy to identify with.

You have some tiny technical errors like not putting a comma in the quotation marks if it is followed by a tagline like he said. Also write out numbers at least up to ten (some experts say to a hundred) and words like mom is only capitalized when used as a name so something like my mom or Charlie's mom would would start with a lowercase m. A proofreader or critique group could help you spot these little things.

Overall, though,I think you did a splendid job of writing on topic. Your characters were great and the line where Mom pulls her head out of the washer made me chuckle because you created such a vivid picture for me. I think this would make an excellent picture or early reader book because not only would it teach the child, but entertain the parent as well.
07/23/13
I loved this! My heart is smiling. Great job with this.

God bless~