The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 512 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is really interesting article. I think you did a wonderful job of incorporating the top it throughout the entire piece.

It's important, especially today when it is so easy to click on something else, to grab the reader's attention immediately. If you had started with the second paragraph That would have been a great grabber.

I really liked the way you created suspense in this. You Also delivered a powerful message without coming off as too preachy. This also makes the reader stop and think about her expectations about God's answer to prayer, and that is always a good thing.
07/19/13
Wow, I hope this is a true story. I've heard similar stories from folks with kids in that age range, and I think it's fabulous. You did a good job of sharing the story.

I do agree with Shann in that the hook you need to start the story, grab the reader right away, is after your opening references. Start with the mother's questioning and the reader will want to know what it is that's bothering her. You can still use the Carey quote, just not in that first sentence.

A thought-provoking article. Thanks and keep writing!
07/19/13
Great job with the topic. I agree with the previous comments. It's a good idea to leave some space between paragraphs to make it easier on the eye. Nice job and keep writing. God Bless:)
I sense that you did not have to struggle with this article. The word "expect" brought the basic thoughts to your mind. All you had to do revise you writing after the idea came to you. Listen to the comments to improve. Practice to improve.

For extra practice pick out other words on your own from a dictionary. (Ex. page 27, first column, word 7.) The word may or may not be one that will work for you but it may give you something to think about and try.

Always save what you write about each word whether you think it is worthwhile or not.

Keep writing.
07/22/13
I totally get what you are saying in your entry. We pray sometimes, then are a little surprised when God answers in a great way. We don't really expect His answers like we probably should. This is very "on topic."

Another space between paragraphs would make it easier to read, but your point is well made.
07/23/13
I really liked this entire entry and testimony. It makes my heart smile when a child comes to the realization of "wanting to give their life to Christ." I see little children in my church who have a far greater understanding of God and who Christ is than most adults. So the age of accountability is subject to the person, and clearly your children were the product of your prayers and God's grace. Beautiful job.
Thanks for sharing.

God bless~
07/24/13
You've got a great, heartwarming story here. My only suggestion is to break it up into smaller paragraphs. Other than that, a terrific read.
Congratulations on ranking 11 in level 1! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.)