The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 374 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You made a horrific event turn into something beautiful by the hope and faith at the end. The only red ink I have would be to keep the story in first person (I or we) instead of starting it with second person you. Just that tiny change will impact the reader all the more. I'm not sure if this is your true story, but I know it's someone's and your words made
me stop and pray for all of the someones out there. This is a intense well-written piece.
Wow. Very powerful! I loved the imagery and the description of a tornado as a silent scream. I've never thought of it as that before.

You pack a lot into such a short space and it made it easy to read, without taking away from the depth or the message. Wow. Very, very well done. I loved your ending.

Yes. it is spring. and Godspeed to those who are rebuilding and those who are helping them to find the strength and courage to do so. This is probably one of my favorites this week. Thanks for sharing!
06/12/13
First of all,my heart goes out to your lovely state and all of the people who were affected by the horrific turn of events that transpired recently, and apparently still going on.

Your descrptive piece was masterful and depicted the scene so well, it's as if the reader was watching it unfold. Your story is powerfully executed and terrifying at once.

Praise the Lord for your survival, and your neighbors as well. Everytime I see that on the news my heart falls and breaks. Living on the east, we see a lot of hurricanes, and the occassional tornado. My family lost their home in the last storm, "Sandy." So, my heart understands your devastation. But, you survived, as did my family...and for that, we thank GOD.

Thank you for sharing, and may God continue to bless and hold you in his arms.

Blessings~
06/12/13
Such a timely testimony. Thank you for sharing your emotional story of the Oklahoma devastation. A family from our church recently returned from OK ministry. God is there!

Wing His Words
Congratulations on ranking 7th in your level! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards)