The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 697 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/11/13
Good sermon, well interpreted and documented. Thanks for posting.
05/11/13
Well written, thought provoking message, reminding us there is only one master in this world we are to serve. Thank you for sharing this piece.

God Bless, Lynn
05/11/13
A beautifully written and captivating devotional that serves a timely reminder of what is truly important overall.

God bless~
A sizzling sermon! Well done - thanks for sharing.
05/12/13
Your sermon sizzled and I can honestly say empowered by the consuming fire of the Holy Spirit. Great message.
Thank you for this very encouraging essay. We do need fires lit under us - sometimes dynamite!
Good points to consider.
This is a great devotion. You really brought the characters to life for me. It Isn't easy to write in the second person (where you speak directly to the reader by using the word you) without coming of as preachy, but you managed to do just that. I think it's because your passion for God and desire to lead the reader to Him emanates from the page.

My only suggestion would be to go back and see how many passive verbs like is, have, are, was,etc you used. I call them pesky passives because they can weigh the reader down. Of course, there are times when you have to use one, but if you can replace them with action verbs, you should. For example: A lukewarm Christian refuses to spend time mediating and interacting with Jesus.
It's a little thing but could make a big difference.

This is a great devotion. Your choice of Scripture fits your message perfectly. In fact, this piece inspired me to commit Romans 12:12 to memory.
05/15/13
An excellent admonishment and encouragement in one well written devotional!
Congratulations on ranking 6 in your level and 23 overall! I'm so happy for you. Happy Dance!!