The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 688 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/25/13
AMEN! Your correct about the programs...Keep Writing!
You are absolutely right, "He can only use my words to bless someone if I am willing to write them." God can use us when we use out gifts for his honor and glory. The more you practice, the easier those grammatical errors will be to spot. I have struggled with my grammar and spelling for as long as I can remember, but in the last few years I have seen steady improvement in those areas. A big part of that is due to entering the writing challenge. I love the focus that you bring with this entry. It is something that every writer should remember.
You are absolutely right, "He can only use my words to bless someone if I am willing to write them." God can use us when we use out gifts for his honor and glory. The more you practice, the easier those grammatical errors will be to spot. I have struggled with my grammar and spelling for as long as I can remember, but in the last few years I have seen steady improvement in those areas. A big part of that is due to entering the writing challenge. I love the focus that you bring with this entry. It is something that every writer should remember.
04/28/13
What you say is very true. I too journal as I pray as well as writing for others to read. Keep writing to bless others.
How I wish I had kept a diary since childhood. I was encouraged to, but at an age when writing was to Gram: "Hi. How are you? The weather is fine. Will write soon."

If only I had foreseen the forgotten dreams, loves and Chronic Fatigue causing great gaping holes in my memory.

Thank you for encouraging us writers with your excellent writing.
04/29/13
I am a new as a writer when it comes to articles. I truly enjoyed your piece on "Why Do I Write Anyway?" and your closing thoughts hit me rite between the eyes. Click, because God wants obedience not perfection. I tend to be a perfectionist when take the challenge to do something new. Your article has encouraged me to continue as a writer and with practice I pray I will improve with time. Thank you for being honest enough to share these thoughts on being obedient to our Heavenly Father.
04/29/13
Oh my goodness - your words echo my own experience so much! Your conclusion was helpful and really ministered to me. Thank you!
"God wants obedience not perfection." Amen!

Thanks for writing this. I appreciate your tender heart toward the Lord. Keep writing for Him.

This really touched my heart, especially the last line. It is so true that we need to be obedient to God. I can so relate to this as this week I saw I missed a typo on my story and I pounded my fist on the desk, berated myself for a bit for missing something so obvious after I clicked the submit button. You shared an important message here and you keep writing what God puts on your heart.
I enjoyed this entry so much and was blessed by it. I have bad arthritis in my hands and a tremor to boot, so I don't journal anymore and I really miss doing the long-hand-journaling. I love it when the Lord drops a much-needed thought into our hearts and HIs message resonates or clicks.There are some grammar and punctuation issues, especially in your first paragraph but with your transparency it almost didn't matter. I hope you keep writing too as it is easy to see that the Lord has given you so much passion and that is what makes for really good writing. The technical stuff can be honed with time and a buddy group at FW is a great place for that.
04/30/13
I tend to forget this at times, I thank you and God for reminding me to not give up on what God tells me to write.
A thoughtful, insightful, inspired and profound insight that will take both readers and writer far!
05/02/13
Well done but I think I found a grammatical error, seriously I'm not pulling your leg. The second paragraph 'what needed revised' I revised. Shouldn't it be 'what needed revising or revision.'
Isn't that hilariously ironic?
God certainly shows Himself strong in our weakness.
For example using me and my grammatical illiteracy to help administrate this website overflowing with amazing talent!