The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 948 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/08/13
This is good.

My only suggestion would have been to add a bit more that's not in the Biblical account. MOre of Rahab's feelings and thoughts.

Nice job, over all. I enjoy Biblical fiction and this was good.
03/10/13
This is a good entry. I enjoy reading these types of stories surrounding Biblical characters.

You might enjoy, if you haven't already, reading some of Francine Rivers novels. In fact, I think she has a novella about Rahab.
Anyway, it was a great read! Thanks for sharing it.
03/13/13
I really enjoyed your ending which read, "The scarlet cord, tied in a knot, hung fluttering in the wind—a symbol of redemption and the hope of deliverance." This really spoke to me about the hope we have of our future life with Christ.

I believe it you had invoked the feelings and experiences of Ruth, it would have made the story more original.

Keep up your writing.


I really enjoyed this. I've read a few recountings of this story this week and I think you did a great job of getting into the MC's thoughts. I felt drawn in and eager to keep reading, even though I knew the story.

Instead of using taglines like he said, use that space to show the reader what is going on. For example instead of this line: promised the spies. Since it's unlikely that both spies said the words before this, you might want to try something like this: The taller man nodded and he looked into her eyes as he realized that he would keep his word.

Overall, I think you did a great job. You kept my interest from beginning to end and still kept true to the story. Good job.
Interesting piece! Thanks for sharing the biblical in a big way.
Congratulations on ranking 8th in level one!
03/19/13
Congratulations on your 8th place in level one.
03/20/13
I've always liked this Bible story with its intrigue and the salvation of Rahab and her family at the end, and I enjoyed your version of it, too! :) HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS on ranking 8th in Level 1 with it! I look forward to reading more of your writing!