The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 896 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/19/13
Enjoyed the banter between the daughter and both parents- and a good lesson too. Good fit for the topic, too!
I really like this story. You did a nice job with developing the characters.

The one thing I might suggest is to not to use the topic word so much. I think you'd be surprised at how many times you use it. When I see the topic sprinkled throughout the story, I think the author was worried it might not be on topic. Many of the Master writers will never mention the topic word but still be totally on topic.

I'm really impressed how you took this to another level. There have been many stories with the theme of measure twice cut once. However your original POV makes your story fresh and creative. I think it is a touch of genius how you used the cliché to see if the man is the right man to marry. It's a great way to tackle the topic in a different and interesting way. I truly enjoyed this piece and think you did a fabulous job.
Unequally yoked? Nice story.
01/22/13
Interesting story and clever use of topic.
God bless~
Great story and storytelling. Bonus with the awesome message woven in.
Congratulations on your ribbon in your level and for ranking 27 overall!
01/25/13
I really enjoyed this story...
01/25/13
Congrats. God Bless~