The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 954 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a great poem. I could totally relate to the MC immediately. The example you used were outstanding. I really liked the period in a book one. You opened your heart and shared those intimate thoughts with the world. I know that's not always easy but I believe God placed this on your heart and you obeyed him. Many will be blessed by your obedience.

The only bit of red ink I have is the first stanza is told in the past tense and then you switch to the present. You may want to be consistent so that it doesn't make the reader wonder if she missed something.

I totally liked your back and forth conversation with God. I have had many such talks, though mine aren't as poetic as yours. I also liked how you used the scriptures. They were a perfect fit and it's a great reminder that God does give us the answers we need for life, we just need to open his book and read them. This was a delightful read.
01/14/13
Beautiful and interesting poem from beginning to end. Delightful. God bless~
Your poem speaks on many levels - searching, finding, doubting, wondering, waiting. And yet, it leads the reader back to something God always asks us to do: Listen and believe.
01/25/13
I love the progression of your entry and the verses you use. You have fantastic illustrations, the copper pennies in the well, and the significance comparison with the period that ends a sentence. Wow, to those. Your ending is powerful! Super congrats on your ribbon! (and thanks for your recent comments--they are much appreciated)
Your poem spoke to me. I love the illustrations that you used with the penny and the period. The verses that you picked were perfect. Congratulations on your well deserved ribbon. Nicely done.

And thank you for leaving feedback on my current challenge entry. I appreciate it!
02/07/13
Beautiful poetry. It really spoke to my heart. I liked the illustration of the myriad of pennies and the period at the end of the sentence.

It was a conversation with God that we have all had from time to time.

I can see how your writing has really developed and grown in the past year.