The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 852 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is so beautiful. I had tears in my eyes and goosebumps on my arms.
03/19/11
Very well written poem. I liked the question: Where will my soul go when my body is dead, sprinkled throughout.

I believe the word angle should have been angel.
I liked this very much. Great message and good use of repetition. Look forward to reading more from you.
I enjoyed this. The repetition worked well, and the poem got stronger as it progressed. I especially liked the last several stanzas.
03/24/11
"To this I was truly amazed.
Because of one man." How true!This was among my favorite lines in the poem. It makes the answer to your question more meaningful.

I would re-read my entry before submitting to correct any spelling errors. i.e. I think you meant the for thee, and me for my. Also, you might want to move towards a shorter title.

The poem had great rhythm and the concurring refrain gave a lyrical lift. Great message!
03/24/11
Need to follow my own advice
:-)
[i]"recurring[/i] refrain gave a lyrical lift."
03/24/11
Great poem! It fits perfectly with the topic.

Just a little red ink: "thee answer" was written instead of "the answer." Also, it seemed almost (at first) like the girl was saying the prayer just to make her mother happy. That is, until you came to the part about "I know that one man died for me." That brought it more into perspective and showed that she truly did believe in her own heart.

All in all, it was a lovely poem and wonderful idea!
Tiara...this express such a tender heart. I almost feel like your mama because I felt SO proud. Great first poem little one!