The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 600 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/17/11
Interesting read. Enjoyed the "spunk" and "determination." Your story was well written however, I am a bit puzzled as to how well it fits with the topic of "week/s." Thank you for sharing. Keep writing!
02/18/11
The week is what Amanda and the athletes have been working towards for years. When the week comes, instead of bringing a gold medal for Amanda, it brings disaster.
02/20/11
it was a sew saw of emotions, i was confused in the first paragraph as you then jumped from the race to the car accident and it was not till you went back to the race that i understood.....
great story and very dramatic. triumph and disaster like so may atheletes
This is a very good story. I love the determination and purpose of this young girl. I hate that it had to end so dramatically and without a real ending, though, but do you know this would be a perfect piece to develop into a short story or even a novel? We love to hear success stories like this. Thank you for depicting this girls great urge to accomplish her goals, and how she found God along the way! Please think about going further with it and blessing us! You have a gift!
02/24/11
Very well written piece. I liked the see-saw illustration.

I thought your ending, while sad, very fitting. Unfortunately, many dreams are crushed at the Olympic games, but God can always use this experience to inspire others.