The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1159 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/27/10
I was really pulled into this story. I'm glad that there was a miracle ending. I liked your unique approach to a birthing story, and the story was believable. Very nice.
This story really pulled me in. The characters were believable. As a former OB nurse I wanted to smack some of the people for their insensitivity, but I have seen people so uncomfortable with death that they do act insensitive. I like that you went for a happy ending, 20 minutes might have been too long, but then you never know. I always wrapped up the stillborn babies had encouraged the parents to hold them and bond with them, so between God's miracle and a mother's love, anything is possible.
Goosebumps, tears and then pure joy! What a wonderful and uplifting ending. Your descriptions were great, especially when the husband was out of breath...I was out of breath reading it! :)

And what a beautiful phrase: Take on the robe of praise. This is another winner in my eyes!
08/29/10
What a great story! You had me with you all the way! You won't be a beginner for long and I call this one a winner in my book, too!
Congratulations for placing in the top 12 of your level.