The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1133 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Absolutely love this! Great story and rich with emotion, from the sack cloth dresses to the new store bought ones; along with the wonderful relationship between you and your Aunt Ruth. What an opportunity for you both, to be with her as she was taken home. Good Job!
08/28/10
I love your rendition of this relationship. Artfully told.
This is a beautiful tribute to Aunt Ruths everywhere.

you do need to make sure you use punctuation. I noticed a spot or two without any. The first one was at the end of the first paragraph.

But I can imagine Aunt Ruth would tell you to not get upset over the little things in life, just fix it and don't give up. So I will echo that, just keeping writing the way you feel God is calling you to write!
08/30/10
I live in Iowa and I have an Aunt Ruth! :) Never had sack dresses though, but anyway ...

There was a lot of "telling" in this story, but I enjoyed it. You had me curious about meeting Aunt Ruth and finding out what she was really like. And the ending was just lovely! I felt like I was snuggled up next to warm fireplace, listening to the narrator tell stories of her Aunt Ruth.