The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 919 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Thought this was cute and clever. Like the way she progressed in age and circumstances. Could definitely relate to your MC.
04/22/10
You expressed the on going journey of a true reader very well.

Good job.
04/24/10
I enjoyed this piece. I loved how you rolled through the years, decades--effortlessly, with pleasant, smooth transitions. I felt like I had read a novel, in two minutes!

I enjoyed learning about 'her' passion for reading, her struggles with it, and how her relationship with reading changed over the years.

I appreciate getting critiques, which help me improve, so whenever possible, I try to give constructive advice. This was difficult with your piece, but after reading through a second time, I came up with this: 'she finally ran away crying in frustration'. If you take out (finally), the sentence becomes stronger.

Very nice. Loved it.
Really good piece. A true picture of an avid reader.
Congratulations in placing in the top 15 of your level. Good job.
I so can relate to your MC I loved to read as well. I'll still go to the library and check out 25-30 books at a time. You pulled me into your story.