The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 926 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/29/10
Well I am surely qualified to comment on this entry since I could claim it is addressed to me -- though I have no recollection of a Mr Dasher and Australia is coyote free. But like the other Pip I do not cackle (sometimes snort if out of control laughing)and I think the writer of this letter would be great fun to meet.Lots of focus on the topic; lots of humour. I feel as though the writer dashed off a quick note (750 is not much after all!) and left me way too soon. Fun.
02/01/10
This is delightful, and it has soooo much potential.

It's best to avoid refering to the topic or the assignment, and to just get to the story. You have a wonderful writer's voice--pick one of the smaller stories and just tell it in your charming way. The other stuff (the letter to Pip, the reference to your writing group) seemed like filler.

I enjoyed this very much, and would gladly read more in a similar voice.
A unique point of view. I enjoyed the letter format.
02/03/10
Cute story...but yes, listen up to some of the commenters as they're usually correct in trying to help beginners. My only suggestion would be to work on your format a bit, you know, the paragraphing in the first part; but I enjoyed the read - and it was unique. Keep at it! (*.*)
I agree, this was a pleasure to read. I really enjoyed it.
02/08/10
"as heat rose from my toes to my face." I loved that line, and the totally-engaging way you have recorded your feelings as well as your memories. Any of the stories could have been filled out to stand as separate entries; but framing them within a letter is a very novel and creative approach - almost as if we are looking over your shoulder as you put it together. Very well done.