The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1325 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/29/09
This is a sweet story. It would have more meaning to the reader if you include the lyrics to the song. Nicely written.
09/01/09
Wow. This was a blessing and encouragement to me.
"born just to love him" That's what I want! Before reading this I did think that "Sarah Elisabeth" was a very significant name! Thank you for sharing this. Very nicely done.
09/01/09
Wonderful thought. About the right length for a devotion. A little work and you will go far writing like this.
Well written and a blessing to read.
09/01/09
This was a bright spot in my day. Not everyone is so blessed as to have loving, godly parents that instilled a love for God in them. Great story.
Good story. You have a natural style. I agree that the lyric to the song would be beneficial added to this piece. Keep Writing!
Your entry starts out strong - I especially like this beautiful line: "Jesus became my heartbeat before my memory began."

The next paragraph has a rushed feeling - you have plenty of room to expand on what you tell us here. I'd love to read more details and maybe some dialog between you and your mother.

The end isn't as strong as the beginning, but it is heartfelt and encouraging. Thank you!
09/04/09
Hi Sarah. I just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, The Song, actually did very well in the Birth Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 1, placing 10th in that Level.

The competition is always intense in Level 1, so you deserve a pat on the back. :-)

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26785

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Again, well done!

Just a quick reminder about this year’s Page Turner Contest for 500 members. If you have a novel in the works (even just the first chapter), this contest is a must to enter:
http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/FaithWriters500/contest-pageturner.php

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)