The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1167 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/13/09
Enjoyed the banter of these bridge players. Your piece was an fun read. Thanks. Have you tried using the hinting section to get more feedback for your article? - it's in the notice board area.
07/13/09
This was fun. I felt like an invisible guest at the table, eavesdropping on their conversation. This dialogue is probably more accurate than we know.
07/13/09
I loved "eavesdropping" on these ladies. I really enjoyed this article and especially the lesson in the dialogue.
Great dialog and insights into the lives of the elderly, here. I enjoyed this!
07/14/09
I enjoyed the dialogue. I now know what to expect in a few years or so!
A really delightful picture here, along with charming dialogue and witnessing. Will be watching you climb.
Blessings,
Patty
07/18/09
This was a fun read with a great message. It struck me extra funny; we both have bridge playing characters named Birdie in our stories this week, lol! Great job!
07/18/09
Hi Jackie. I just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, The Bridge Game, actually did very well in the Twilight Years Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 1, placing 7th in that Level.

There were a lot of entries this week, and the competition is always intense in Level 1, so you deserve a pat on the back. :-)

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26236

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Hope to see you at the FaithWriters' Conference next month. It’s going to be an amazing time of inspiration, information and encouragement. (If I’ve already mentioned that to you, forgive me. We’re just so excited about letting members know about this great gathering.)
http://www.faithwriters.com/conference.php

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
07/28/09
Jackie, I'm going to feature this delightful story in the Front Page Showcase for the week of August 17. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!