The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1436 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A very interesting story! Thanks for sharing! I like the twist at the end, the titanic...good job.
01/31/09
That was a surprise at the end. I wonder how many stories like that are floating around.
02/03/09
Wonderful first paragraph.

The dialogue was smooth and authentic.

I really like the extra touches. "Blue Danube Waltz" "tintype copy"
"stipend" etc.

I think you did a Great job!
02/03/09
Your venture into historic fiction must be a success. I believed every word to be true history. Once again, your writing shows the depth of your talent.
02/04/09
Very much enjoyed the twist at the end. Well done...keep writing.
02/04/09
Great story and great ending. I hadn't ever thought about this possibility of passengers actually escaping the horror of the Titanic's fate. I love your mc's perspective.
This is excellent historical fiction. You're a very talented writer.
02/04/09
This is very good--very well written. Your dialogue is excellent. You had me engaged from the beginning of the story. You certainly won't be in Beginners for long.
Fantastically authentic. This certainly sets a high standard! Well done.
02/05/09
I guessed it was the Titanic right from the start, and the rest of the story did not disappoint. Well done, especially for your first attempt! :) I would love to read more if you've got it up your sleeve.