The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 683 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/14/08
Lovely and nostalgic visit to the past, where I could see, hear, and smell everything described.

Your grandmother's song was funny and sad, but the fact that it nearly quote the proverb of the week may have lowered your rating a tad.

I enjoyed your writing style and this journey out of my living room.
For just a short time I was transported away from my laptop and enjoyed a visit to your Grandparents farm. I felt I was sitting on the back step watching everything happening. Oh and how I could taste that apple pie !!
Well written, I loved it.(the story AND the apple pie).
03/16/08
Wonderful Description!
I'd love to know Grandma. They certainly knew how to make the best of a little back then.
I know the song fit the topic exactly, but it might have hurt the judging by using the exact words.
This would great as part as a memoir or autobiography.
Thank you for writing this.
Your descriptions were wonderful. You transported me there. This reminded me of my grandfather, who grew up in The Great Depression, and who also made the tastiest apple pies.

The song at the beginning really setup your story well.

This was a delight to read. Thank you so much for sharing it. :)
03/16/08
I enjoyed this very much. Thanks for the woonderful descriptions.