The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1236 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You make a good point about division in the church. I'm sure this must grieve the Holy Spirit. For me it would have been helpful to see one or two examples, occasions where you witnessed how the excercising of a particular spiritual gift proved divisive. Thank you for this thought-provoking article. Blessings.
12/01/07
This is well-laid out and well-organized for a Bible sutdy.

Since the main purpose of the Challenge is to stretch and challenge your own writing gifts, it's difficult to comment on this entry: there's more Scripture than your own writing. Could you add some anecdotes next time, or some object lessons?
12/02/07
You made an excellent point that many need to hear.

I would have loved to see a bit more exposition in your piece, as it is mostly scripture. (A good thing to quote certainly, but a bit more of your own words might make it more engaging.

Keep writing!
07/26/08
I'm amazed at the people who wants to hear OUR thoughts on scripture, than God's own words. We should never "balk" at an author's use of scripture, though I do understand the "why" to the sentiments of those who commented before me, though I don't agree with it. It is our Americanized religious conditioning of how we think a sermon or devotion should read. If a preacher uses too much scripture people get bored, and want his to get on with HIS thought and interpretations, and we wonder why there's so much confunsion when it comes to the Word of God. I appreciated this. Thanks for sticking to God's Word in what you shared. God bless you.

Thanks for the nice comments on some of my writings. If you want to email me, you can do so at [email protected]. You mentioned you'd like to talk with me. I sometimes write on controversial issues, but I believe it is Spirit-directed...God bless you
07/26/08
That email is [email protected], NOT yahoo.com...Thanks