The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1199 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I could envision the vine-covered country church in your poem. This flowed well, although the last two stanzas seemed to have a different meter than the rest. Nice work overall, and keep writing!
11/03/07
Lots of sweet nostalgia in this poem.

One improvement would be to work on having a pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables. That would make it flow more easily for your readers.

I really like your title; it feels rustic and real.
Your title was very good and will draw readers in. The flow was good except in a few places. Try using slant or near rhymes at times when a perfect rhyme will stop the poem from making sense or saying what you really want it to say. Loved the vine covered churh! Definitely keep on writing!
11/05/07
Very nice. It's got such a homey feel to it.
11/06/07
I am not a poetry person, but this is really sweet. I felt like I was reading it in an old magazine, with a picture of a vine covered church.

A couple of typos -- other than "church." Jonah needs the 'h', and Bible should always be capitalized.

This is very nice. Good job with the topic.
11/07/07
A "challenge buddy" might help you with the logistics, but your title is great. You have a very creative and captivating style.
Great poetry! Thanks for sharing this!
Oh, this was a very sweet and nostalgic read. I enjoyed it.
I know very little about poetry, but I thoroughly enjoyed this. Your vivid descriptions make it feel real.