The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 898 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/02/07
Thank you for sharing this story. I would imagine that at some point in all of our lives, we are afforded an opportunity to share with the next generation if for no other reason than to give them hope for their tomorrows, and in their inevitable times of need.
08/02/07
I love that song--thanks for sharing a personal experience with this and how even small hearts can cry out to a loving God.
08/03/07
Just beautifully done. And, I enjoyed the reminder of what Kumbayah means. Thanks so much for showing the broken heart of a child.
08/03/07
wonderful story and an even greater truth....thank you for taking the time to put it into words.
What a heart warming story. I remember the song well from years of church camp and it always made me feel happy. Thanks for sharing this it was wonderful.
08/04/07
Lovely little devotional, would make a great opening for a Christian Ed. workshop.
08/04/07
Great story and so true. If we let God open our eyes we will see needs surrounding us.
08/05/07
Great story! I love that song, I've been singing it for almost 40 years and had no idea it was from Africa!
I was so touched by your heart for children.Because of you that little class was "suffered" to Jesus and the little girl will always remember your love when she needed it the most.
08/05/07
What a lovely moment of opportunity. A precious moment, well-drawn by your lovely words.
What a poignant story, simply and beautifully told. Having worked with children myself, i know the wonder and grace of those very types of moments. Thanks for sharing.