The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1327 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/02/05
Excellent entry! Loved every word.
I just had to tell you that I thought this was an excellent job of writing. It was interesting, you captured the heart of the characters and helped us feel the resentments, despair and finally the humility as he came back to his father to find hope. This was at least at an intermediate level of writing ifnot higher! A story well told and you came to its conclusion leaving the reader satisfied and thinking.
05/05/05
You have done a fantastic job here. The structure on this is excellent but more importantly the message is honest and powerfull. Well done.
Your story touched my heart. Unconditional love in our world today is sometimes hard to find. As children of God we can experience His unconditional love and that is the greatest miracle of all.
05/09/05
Deric, you would be justifiably blown away by this fantastic Challenge win. It really is quite an achievement to enter your first Challenge, at the Beginner Level, and actually make it into the Editors' Choice. Congratulations on your 1st place in the Level 1 Challenge AND your 8th place in the Editors' Choice. We'll look forward to seeing more from you in the future. For now though, after doing so well on your very first entry, it's time to move up to Level 2. You are definitely ready for it. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
05/11/05
Deric,

Your story left me in tears and remembering. An excellent piece of writing and I will be looking to read more of yours. Congratulations to you on a winner !!!
05/11/05
Great! I am wiping tears from my eyes as I read your article! You deserve the prize.
Deric,
Welcome to FaithWriters, and congratulations on this win! Your story is powerfully written -- focusing on invaluable gifts beyond purchased trinkets, that only a loving, involved heart can give. Thank you for sharing with us this reminder!
I've come back to read this entry a second time and I like it even more now. Your writing is natural and honest and the message provides a great lesson for Christian fathers. Great debut!
This is an incredible piece. It shows the depth and wisdom that comes with age.
Thanks.