Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by deejay » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:02 pm

I forgot to mention--I'm on Facebook. Send me friend requests, but remember the only time I normally have wifi is when I'm away from the shelter--like at work.

deejay

Post by deejay » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Great news! My friend CJ finally got a new place! She plans to move in by Aug. 1st!
Hopefully I and a few friends can help her get her stuff out of my storage unit, then get the stuff I've been storing at my church for the last 10 years in, so I can have access to my stuff at long last! Hopefully I will be next to get a place--2020 Biblically means promises come to pass.

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:04 pm

Oh that's wonderful she got an apartment. Is there any way you could room with her? Didn't you live with her in the past? I'll pray it all works out for everyone.

You never told us what your Facebook name is so we can friend you. It sounds like things are going good right now.
Hugs :grouphug :grouphug
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Post by deejay » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:11 am

My Facebook name is Michele Fritchie. I'm a bit security obsessed. I don't normally get wifi reception at the shelter, unless a miracle occurs. Not too likely I can room with CJ and Diane--yes, we shared part of a house for 5 1/2 years--because Section 8 rules say you can have a roommate who's not on Section 8. And quite frankly, CJ can be a handful. She has mental health issues along with severe asthma. She tends to post some rather inappropriate things on FB, like photos of models whose hairstyles resemble--ahem--private parts. If I were to have a roomie, I'd prefer someone who's quiet.

This morning I got on the bus to go to church, and discovered my resident tag is missing. There have been a few times I've taken it off upon leaving the shelter, and forgot to put it back on when checking back in, and nothing happened. Might be in my bed. I'll check when I get home this afternoon. If I can't find it, they can make me a new one. But I can't help thinking it might be a sign I could be getting housed soon. I hope so.

Return to “The Water Cooler”