Advertising and Spam

General information for members, new and old, about the forums and main site.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Advertising and Spam

Post by Deb Porter »

Although it is unlikely that the main culprits will read this before posting, it is important to note that unauthorized advertising is not permitted on the FaithWriters Message Board. All spam will be removed within hours of posting, and the member account will be deleted (and their IP address banned).

We have a zero tolerance attitude to spam/advertising. Even if the "member" never posts an actual message on the boards, their account will be immediately deleted if it has been obviously created for the sole intention of using this forum for advertising purposes.

Legitimate new members are encouraged to post a message in the Newbie Nook to introduce themselves to the "community" before starting a new thread. We want to get to know you.

Although advertising isn't permitted generally, there is a certain degree of leeway given to long time members who are actively involved in the FaithWriters' community--however, this sort of advertising should still only be of the "Cheering Section" type of announcement (where a new business is being announced), or if special offers are being offered to FaithWriters members.

These rules are purely designed to protect members and to ensure that our message board remains a pleasant and safe environment for all.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

WhiteAngel08
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Advertising and Spam

Post by WhiteAngel08 »

Miss Deb, I need your help.

Is it possible to change my username? There's another incident that my post had morphed by some hacker once again. And I don't know what to do, This is the third time I change my password, I really need some admin's help to change my username. I have this feeling that this could be used by other person into other forum and the hacker thought it was me. Please I really have to change my username.
My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone.

Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Yes, we can do that for you. At the moment, I'm unable to receive private messages, so have made it possible to be contacted by email until my account is fixed here.

So send me an email (using the little envelope icon under my picture) with your choice of user name, and I will make that change.

Love, Deb
WhiteAngel08
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by WhiteAngel08 »

Deb Porter wrote:Yes, we can do that for you. At the moment, I'm unable to receive private messages, so have made it possible to be contacted by email until my account is fixed here.

So send me an email (using the little envelope icon under my picture) with your choice of user name, and I will make that change.

Love, Deb
Thanks for helping me Miss Deb. Uhm, I'm having trouble with finding the envelope icon. I can't see it anywhere under your picture nor your post. The only thing I could see is the red pencil, the red flag? which is not clickable, the PM button and the small globe icon which kind of linked to your website.
Here, this is how it looks.

I think its the red flag-looking thing at the side of the pencil is the envelope but I can't be click... :(
My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone.

Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Sorry about that. My account was messed up for a while there after the hacker.

Anyway, you should be fine now, but you can contact me by private message. Just hit the PM button to the left to send me a quick note.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Cheryl
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Cheryl »

I have a call for submissions for a Christian YA anthology. Is that an appropriate post?

Thanks,
Cheryl
Visit New Christian Books Online Magazine at http://www.songsfromtheword.com/NewChristianBooks and read about the latest kingdom-building books, then add your own! This is a free service to the Christian reading and writing communities. Contact Cheryl at [email protected]
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

Calls for submissions can be put in this section: http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpB ... m.php?f=25

The problem is mostly new people coming in and just posting links for something they are selling. We make an exception for books published by members in the Cheering Section. Otherwise, there is a way to pay to put advertising on the FW site itself.
Cheryl wrote:I have a call for submissions for a Christian YA anthology. Is that an appropriate post?

Thanks,
Cheryl
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07
Cheryl
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Cheryl »

Okay, thanks!
Visit New Christian Books Online Magazine at http://www.songsfromtheword.com/NewChristianBooks and read about the latest kingdom-building books, then add your own! This is a free service to the Christian reading and writing communities. Contact Cheryl at [email protected]
simongrow250
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by simongrow250 »

thanks... that's only for submission :bow

Return to “FaithWriters Information/Announcements”