Private Messenger Service

Learn more about the FaithWriters Gold Member Benefits.

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Private Messenger Service

Post by Deb Porter »

As a Gold member, you are now able to access private messages delivered through the FaithWriters.com site. (Private messages here on the message boards have always been free).

To access your Private Messenger box, logon to your member account at FaithWriters.com. Your private messages can be accessed via the large Private Messenger box near the top of the page.

This service may take 24 hours to activate after you sign up as a Gold member.
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

HeartSpeaks
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Private Messenger Service

Post by HeartSpeaks »

I logged on and followed your advice, but still can't find how to access the Private Messenger service. I am a Platinum 500 member so it is paid for.

I went to the home page and there is no link there.

After I logged on, I looked for the "large private messenger service at the top of the page." I couldn't find it. Did it get changed since you posted this answer in 2010?

Is it possible to make the site more user friendly? It doesn't seem to be as intuitive as some other forums I've visited. Am I missing something? Learning a new tech always has a learning curve, but I'd like to speed it up somehow.

I've watched a number of your videos and tried to make my own MSW "how to" documents.

I found a page with a lot of links for newbies, but now I can't find it on your site anymore.

Thanks for your help.
Deb Porter

Re: Private Messenger Service

Post by Deb Porter »

I'm assuming you are talking about the Private Messenger service from FaithWriters.

Log on to your account at FaithWriters:

http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount.php

Once you log on with your FaithWriters member account (which may not be the same as the one you used here), you will be taken to your account page:

http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/m ... t-main.php

As a Platinum 500 member, your private messages are definitely available to you. You'll see the box with the yellow header near the top of the page. It says: Private Messenger - stay connected.

Under that heading you'll see a link that should say how many private messages you have waiting for you. Something like "You have 2 new messages." Click on that link.

That will take you to another page, and from there you just click on the "View Messages" yellow button. You will be taken straight to the list of private messages waiting for you.

I think once you see the private messenger box right at the top of your account page, you'll realize you may have been looking in the wrong spot? Perhaps?

I've got nothing to do with the site design, but it is a big site and I agree it can be quite confusing to new members who aren't familiar with the layout. There is a search option on your account page now, which can be VERY helpful (it's the Google powered search box under the Quick Links heading on the right side of your account page).

So give it a try and let us know how you go. If you hit any problems, just call for help again. We're happy to try and point you in the right direction. :D

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to “Gold Member Benefits”