Not receiving notifications

Learn more about the Platinum Membership Benefits

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron

violin4jesus
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Not receiving notifications

Post by violin4jesus »

I logged in to submit my challenge article and found I had 15 new messages since the last time I logged in! No notifications were ever sent to my email to check my FW inbox. I know that was an issue during the last challenge I had entered regarding notifications of comments on entries - could it have been an across the board failure of notifications? Is there anything I need to do to fix this?

Thanks.
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: Not receiving notifications

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Leah.

Hotmail and Yahoo are notorious for not liking FaithWriters mail. They often block it before it even gets to your inbox. It doesn't even get sent to junk. It just doesn't get there at all.

It's nothing we can do this end because the notifications would be sent. Even if you weren't a platinum member, they would get sent. It's most likely Hotmail determining them as spam.

Do you have an alternate email address? I know it's a pain.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

violin4jesus
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by violin4jesus »

See, the thing is, I used to get them all, every time. Then all of a sudden at the end of May they stopped coming, and they were coming straight to my inbox, not my spam, anyways. :?

No, I don't have an alternate email. I have tried once or twice to open another account, but inevitably I forgot about it. Bummer, cause my hotmail account I've had since college. Maybe it's time to try again. :cry:
violin4jesus
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by violin4jesus »

I opened a gmail account and changed my email here - the notification came straight through. Since my phone picks them up instantly, I won't forget about the account. I just hate having to manage so many accounts and passwords! :roll:
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

I know it's a pain Leah. You might want to change it over at FaithWriters too, and also let Mike know so he can change it for your newsletter.

Yes, a lot of people say that's exactly how it happens. They emails just stop coming, suddenly. Thanks a lot Hotmail and Yahoo.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to “Platinum Member Perks & Benefits”