Once in a Blue Moon Bonus Prize Winner

The Challenge winners will be posted here two weeks after entries close for each topic, and the Highest Ranked entries will be posted sometime later that day or the next.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

twoleaves
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by twoleaves »

So cool! Congratulations Marianne! And I'll add in agreement, God is GOOD! SO GOOD!

Pat
Ps. 107:8 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
BeachGrandma
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by BeachGrandma »

I received my evaluation on my entry for last week and I must tell you that I've never seen such a complete and detailed report. I wish I could say I ranked high or even good, but more important than that were the judges' combined comments pointing out my areas of weakness and how I could avoid making those same mistakes again. It was honest and it was fair.

I don't know the details of the Personal Evaluations available in Faith Writers on our work (mine was a freebie, chosen at random from all eligible entries), but if I had paid for it, it would have been money well-spent. If you feel you're stuck in a writing rut and don't know why you aren't moving ahead, I encourage you to look into this service that's available in FW for a very nominal fee. I won't look at my entries the same way again, I can promise you.

Many thanks to Deb and the others on the judging team for giving me this very detailed appraisal of my work. I very much hope I can implement the ideas into better-crafted Challenge entries.
Mariane Holbrook

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Mariane, thank you for that. You really are a treasure.

As you mentioned, the feedback reports are very detailed and thorough. They're also very honest, although hopefully communicated with love and kindness (which is a reflection of the judges as well).

I took the big step to make this information available in an attempt to try and provide a way for members to answer that question that's plagued them since the start of the Challenge. "How do I improve my writing if I don't know where I'm going wrong?"

Workload does mean that sometimes I fall behind a bit getting these reports out, but we do get there eventually.

Thanks again, Mariane.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to “Results and Highest Rankings”