I'm here again.

Back to the basics with regular Challenge winner, Ann Grover. Weekly lessons to help you hone your basic writing skills.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Anja
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

I'm here again.

Post by Anja »

Thanks, Jan, for filling in. Yes, I was in Los Cabos, soaking up the sun and getting a respite from -40 weather here at home.

I have to admit I'd lost interest in this forum, as it seemed to be dying a slow death. I don't know whether it was me, the topics, the weather, or the price of tea in China, but it was discouraging.

If there IS interest, I'm certainly willing to get back into forum.
Ann Grover Stocking

"What remains of a story after it is finished? Another story..." Eli Wiesel
helen1975
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Re: I'm here again.

Post by helen1975 »

Hi Ann and Jan!

I've not spent much time in this forum but hope to start doing that.

It would be lovely to have others join us in here, but if it's 'just' me I think there's enough material for me to wade through for quite a while!

Blessings,

Helen
pheeweed
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by pheeweed »

I plan to go through all the lessons as a refresher and hopefully a kick start. But I don't know if I'll post.
Phee
A friend of the Bridegroom

http://www.delightedmeditations.blogspot.com

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8 NLT
Anja
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Post by Anja »

pheeweed wrote:I plan to go through all the lessons as a refresher and hopefully a kick start. But I don't know if I'll post.
I sure hope you do. It's encouraging to me (and I hope to others) when readers post and comment, ask questions and answer a few questions, too.

Otherwise, I feel like I'm whispering in a tunnel.

Helllooooo . . . hellllooooo . . . helllooooo . . .
Ann Grover Stocking

"What remains of a story after it is finished? Another story..." Eli Wiesel
lthomas
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by lthomas »

Ann -
I'm glad you're back and that this forum is here. Grammar, correct punctuation is/are? like light particles, I can never seem to get a grasp of them for any length of time - if at all. I know the rules don't change and we need them to make sense of what we're trying to say; but there seems to be so many of them. And/yet/but, if it helps, I'll keep trying to learn/understand them all.

:thankssign for being here!

Loren
"And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything." From "As You Like It." Wm. Shakespeare.
Praiser
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Praiser »

please don't stop this forum piece. I visit it to refresh my forgetfull brain. Its a life saver!
God Cares, from the least to the greatest, God Cares.

Return to “Ann's Grammar Basics”